Please see the following information for an upcoming webinar this Tuesday, May 12th, from 2-4 pm. We hope you are able to attend!
TOPIC: The webinar will include presentations from several authors of an upcoming Journal of Urban Affairs special issue focused on Contributions of Community Psychology to Urban Research and Policy.
DATE/TIME: Tuesday May 12th, 2020 from 2pm-4pm Eastern Daylight time
- 2:00 – 2:20pm: Jenna Neal, Michigan State University, “Community psychology and urban studies: Common connections and missed opportunities.”
- 2:20 – 2:40pm: Mariah Kornbluh, University of South Carolina, “Untold student stories: Examining educational budget cuts within urban school settings.”
- 2:40 – 3:00pm: Devin Hanson & Paul Toro, Wayne State University, “Contributions of community psychologists to research, theory, intervention, and policy on homelessness since 1980.”
- 3:00 – 3:20pm: Charlie Collins, University of Washington Bothell “ ‘Meeting Them Where They’re At’: Implementation of community psychology values into city policy and the case of the honest elections initiative.”
- 3:20 – 3:40pm: Zachary Neal , Michigan State University, “Human ecology and the ecological metaphor: The convergent evolution of urban sociology and community psychology”
- 3:40 – 4:00pm: Open Q&A
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? Anyone can join the webinar and there is no registration process. Please feel free to join us for the entire webinar or to come for specific presentations that may be of interest to you.
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!